Sign in to follow this  

Factory Pro shift kit?

Factory Pro has a good reputation, so I would expect the shifter kit to be good.

You should spend some time on a mid-90's Ducati.  You'll love the Honda transmission by comparison.

When I bought my first Ducati in 1997, I made it all of 20 miles from the dealer before my first false neutral.  On some of them I could easily find a "neutral" between ANY two gears.  By comparison, false neutrals on the Honda are pretty rare.

• Like 1

Factory Pro has a good reputation, so I would expect the shifter kit to be good.

You should spend some time on a mid-90's Ducati.  You'll love the Honda transmission by comparison.

When I bought my first Ducati in 1997, I made it all of 20 miles from the dealer before my first false neutral.  On some of them I could easily find a "neutral" between ANY two gears.  By comparison, false neutrals on the Honda are pretty rare.

I recall experiencing quite a few "false neutrals" on my 2011 Ducati Monster (696) so I guess they never got around to fixing it...  On another note, I traded that Ducati in for my XR650L, everybody thought I was crazy, they could not see the grin on my face as I rode home..

Im running one now in my xr600 and my rmz250

No complaints.

No huge notice in performances but i believe it helps

Especially in my mx bike

Btw, ive had it in my xr600 sinceNovember 2013 and ive got about 3000 miles.

My rmz was notorious for false neutrals. I did this and a 450 detent spring and shifting is crisp. Apparently its a better preventative than a fix. Kinda like the 650r sprocket thing. I installed both on both bikes at rebuilds so everything's new. I expect less strain in those areas providing new performance for longer.

Edited by notoriousE-R-I-C
  • Like 1