Sign in to follow this  

California Bay Area Off Road?

East Coaster here, I travel to the SFbay area (Palo Alto mostly) every now and then. Just wondering if there is any off road scene in the area? Rental/rides/tours e/t/c?

You'll have to travel a ways away. If there are any trails nearby, my best guess is no one is going to want to tell ya about them. Rubicon is just a few clicks north ;)

Head east up highway 4 towards Bear Valley. Lots of great roads up there. A bit of a trip from SF though.

Hollister Hills in Hollister

Carnegie SVRA in Livermore

Metcalf Motorcycle park in South San Jose

There are a couple (?) of outfits advertising dirt bike rentals on SF Bay Area Craigslist

East Coaster here, I travel to the SFbay area (Palo Alto mostly) every now and then. Just wondering if there is any off road scene in the area? Rental/rides/tours e/t/c?

If you like tight trails, steep canyons, and awesome hill climbs then head to carnegie!

• Like 1

I'm in SF and head to Mendocino for Cow Mountain, Middle Creek and Penny Pines as often as I do to Hollister, etc.  I wouldn't recommend Carnegie or Metcalf much, other than to get your fix, work on huge hill climbs/decents, or just ride the mx track at Metcalf.

Hollister, Cow and the rest of the area up north are great though.

As for rentals, they're around.  There are also great classes with bike rentals like Garrahan Offroad Racing.

Thanks all looks like I'll check into Carnegie!

If you make it out to Carnegie I want to relay something to help increase your chances enjoyment. Carnegie is more like a terrain park. If you stick to the groomed and marked trails you could possibly hit them all in a couple hours, call it a day and wonder why you would go back. If you take an exploring attitude and follow every little single track you see you will be challenged.

FYI...Carnegie is on the hot side. If it is a hot day it will be even hotter at Carnegie. Some canyons that struggle to get wind. I will ride in pretty hot weather but I just wanted to let you know that as well. I