Sign in to follow this  

Lowering Footpeg Mounts on BBR CRF150/CR85 Aluminum Frame

For any of the people on here that are good at metal fab work, do you think it woudl be possible to lower the footpeg mounts on my bbr aluminum frame crf150f/cr85 conversion??  The footpeg mounts are bolted onto the frame with two bolts so if the new footpeg mounts didnt turn out well I could always go back to the old mounts that was included with the frame kit.  I dont think BBR did that good of a job on it because the footpeg mounts feel way too high and the seat to peg height feels too short.  I know its a mini so its gonna feel smaller, but the footpeg to seat height on my ssr150r frame (which is a klx110 sized bike with 12" rear and 14" front) feels less cramped than the bbr framed bike which accepts 16"/19" wheels. I attached some pics of the frame and the footpeg mount area so you can take a look and see if it even looks possible.  I would have to take my frame to a metal fab shop to do the work because I dont know how to do any metal fab or have the tools, but I wanted to see if it woudl even be possible before I waste my time going down to a shop and asking them to do it.   

Even though I havent ridden the bike yet because I haven't had a motor for it yet (and it didnt have one when I bought it) I can tell just be sitting on the bike that it feels way too cramped.  I had a steel framed cr85 conversion bike before and part of the reason I sold it was because of this same cramped feeling due to the footpegs feelign way too high.  I thought that because BBR designed these frames for mainly adults to be riding, they woudl have made the footpegs lower than they are on a stock cr85 frame which is designed for a 10 year old.  And like I said before I have ridden minis way smaller than these conversion bikes and they feel less cramped.  If I can't figure out a way to lower the footpegs I may even sell the frame and build another stock framed crf150f/cr85 suspension bike like I had before becuase that bike felt like you had way more room, even though it has a lower seat height.  

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

photo 1.JPG

Edited by punkguitarist

Looks just like mine only a lot more shine/new looking.

You try calling BBR yet?

Add another inch of foam to seat will help also.

Edited by adnohguy

I haven't called them yet. I'll try on Monday. I'm suprised no one else has ever mentioned this when writing reviews or just talking about these bikes. I've read a lot of stuff here on thumper talk and other forums about these bikes and everyone always says how awesome these bikes handle and how the Bbr frame makes te 150f/230f such a better bike. Not one person has mentioned how cramped the Bbr frame feel compared to stock framed crf150f (and I'm only 5'9") Pretty disappointed with the frame honestly and would have expected Bbr to do. Better job making these bikes more comfortable for adults considering that's what the frames are designed for!!