Sign in to follow this  

First bike?

Ok so i'm looking to purchase my first bike. I have prior experience riding a raptor 350 quad so i know how to change gears and stuff. Im 14 5'4 @ 110 pounds. Im thinking on getting either the crf150r or kx100. Im gonna be riding mx tracks and a lot of trails. I think the 85's are a bit too small i want a bike that'll last me a year or two since i'm growing. Im buying them used off of craigslist so money is not a variable. So what do you guys think? 150r or kx100 or 85?

They'd probably put you in the 85 beginner if you tell them it's your first race, can't remember if there's one more step before super-mini. You definately would not want to start off in super mini, they'res kids that are groomed racers riding all their life in that class. There isn't too much of a power different between an 85 and 100 just the bigger size really and the extra weight would balance it all out.

I got on a crf150r yesterday and i could almost flat foot it. Am i a bit too big for the bike? They didnt have a kx100 so i couldnt sit on it.

Im kind of leaning more towards the kx100 since its bigger and im growing. It just might take a bit longer for me to learn but ay practice makes perfect. I see alot of kids that are 5'0 riding the crf150r. Hell the 150r's seat height is smaller than a 85

Lol i think im bipolar now im leaning heavily on the 150r cause its my first bike and i could always sell it when i get a but bigger.