Sign in to follow this  

What have you done about your Mirrors?

Hey guys,

New DRZ400sm owner, completely stock. I did a lot of research on here and already know I want a DMC Edge Tail light kit, Zeta Hand guards with intergrated front turn signals, MRD SSW exhaust, but what's the best thing to do about the mirrors? just looking for ideas from what you guys have come up with

I run the no mirror combo to many vibes. I just look behind me it never let me down but if I had to get some id go with bar ends.

Ya I like the no mirrors and looking behind me style too, but I'm pretty sure here in Canada it's mandatory to have mirrors on the bike. looking for something as small as possble I guess...

You can get bar-end mirrors.

You can get mirrors from other bikes.

Or you can get some mirrors that go in the hand guards.

There's also small domed mirrors that can be mounted on the triple clamp via a homemade bracket.

I am running the Smat Nord carbon fiber "look" ones fron WCS. They look very cateye/KTM like, much nicer that the square stockers. I always take a quick glance before lane changes but they keep the leo's happy and I can see if I am about to get rear ended at a redlight by a talker/texter.

• Like 2

I put on bar end mirrors from wheeling cycle supply. But I took out the plug in them and put them on the inside if the handgrips. I'll post a pic later when im on my computer.

I've tried 2 or 3 different styles but in honesty the big ugly stock ones are the best to date. I'm thinking of ponying up for a set of double take next. Spendy but they look like they will be useful and easy to move when the trail gets tight.

i go with the single mirror set up. been using it for years and it works for me. not the best, but it offers a clear picture when i need it and doesn't vibrate like the others. and its low profile and out of the way

67C7719D-CBA1-45E3-8E5C-4F5A99DD463C_zps

Edited by 707drz

A little different approach, where I live we have some pretty lousy drivers so I like both mirrors to keep an eye on them. They are CRG bar ends mounted a little differently I didn’t want to lose any bar width.

Mirrors 003.jpg

Mirrors 002.jpg

• Like 2

Theproblem with bar ends is that it's way too wide. Especially with decent bars. I had them on my z1000. The realization set in after clipping one at 80 mph. I was not going too fast!

Hey, from Ontario here too, and according to our laws we can away with just 1. I have had no issues with the cops. Many of the guys I ride with have the same set up. This is a bad pic, but I'm using cheapo bar end mirror here (20-30 ish for 2 on ebay). Ditched the bar end part and just used the clamp, and placed it just to the right of the clutch perch.

Not great visibility, I have to move my left arm up to see behind me, but I always look behind me and don't rely on the mirror much. Too easy to just turn the head.

Anyway, it's not for everyone, but its a cheap mod that looks good if that's what you're looking for.

Picture6_zpsf022c094.png

Theproblem with bar ends is that it's way too wide. Especially with decent bars. I had them on my z1000. The realization set in after clipping one at 80 mph. I was not going too fast!

they are i have them and i have to worry about hitting cars with my mirrors when im lane splitting

what mirrors are those? that actually looks pretty nice. low profile, clips on the hand guards?

Those are the powermadd hand guard mirrors. They are meant to fit to these powermadd handguards but mounted on the outside. It looks like 150ron has attached them to the inside of his Zeta hand guards. Looks awesome in combo with the zeta's IMO, and worse on the actual ones they were meant for!

Picture9_zpsc373f945.png

OP you can get these mirrors locally if you live near one of the royal distributing stores in Ontario. And if not I think they will ship to you. Last time I was in, I saw them for like 14.99 or 19.99 in the store! You can also find them on ebay and other sites.

• Like 1

Those are the powermadd hand guard mirrors. They are meant to fit to these powermadd handguards but mounted on the outside. It looks like 150ron has attached them to the inside of his Zeta hand guards. Looks awesome in combo with the zeta's IMO, and worse on the actual ones they were meant for!

Picture9_zpsc373f945.png

OP you can get these mirrors locally if you live near one of the royal distributing stores in Ontario. And if not I think they will ship to you. Last time I was in, I saw them for like 14.99 or 19.99 in the store! You can also find them on ebay and other sites.

Thanks for this, I think this looks the best (When mounted inside the Zeta hand guards), and you're right they have them at Royal $19 for the pair. I'm gonna go pick them up. Edited by LG416
  • Like 1