Does anybody remember Stewart's perfect season?

He didnt quit SX this year did he?  People get injured.  If you are doing it for enjoyment why push an injury?  There is life after SX/MX and being able to enjoy life after the sport is important too.  Just ask all the riders that push themselves and are now paralyzed working towards recovery.  I don't hate on any riders, I am not in their position nor will ever be, just a bench racer.  I just like to see the guys winning or up top enjoying the sport.  Many riders like Reed, JS, Kdub had been around for a long time in the sport.  KW left when he started fearing crashing.  Reed and JS still seem to enjoy it.  They want to win no doubt and they can.  Poto when he wins seems like "eh".  I hope he stays healthy and wins the outdoor and Canard and him battle it out like they used to.

Be careful with the reasonable opinion. These guys aren't about all that now. I agree with you though, there is only so much a guy can push it. I honestly think Stewart has that number one spot though. He will generally do whatever he has to do to win. Poto is very motivated as well, but he doesn't seem to have as much passion for racing as the other top guys do. I would bet he doesn't stay in longer than another couple years once he starts getting a little older.

• Like 1

Why would anyone want to remember that season? No competition to speak of, no points battle, everything everyone hates when the field is depleted. The lone remaining fast guy checking out every moto, what excitement!!  :snore:  Even though Poto is a scratch this year, plenty of fast guys will start at GH. Let's hope they all stay healthy. I wouldn't even mind seeing JS win it all although I doubt it will happen.  What am I saying??  :bonk: If JS did pull it off, we would have to put up with all the junk jockeys having a forum parade that would that would be eerily close to Dikes on Trikes.  :awww: On second thought, I retract the statement  B)  

• Like 1

Be careful with the reasonable opinion. These guys aren't about all that now. I agree with you though, there is only so much a guy can push it. I honestly think Stewart has that number one spot though. He will generally do whatever he has to do to win. Poto is very motivated as well, but he doesn't seem to have as much passion for racing as the other top guys do. I would bet he doesn't stay in longer than another couple years once he starts getting a little older.

Why would anyone want to remember that season? No competition to speak of, no points battle, everything everyone hates when the field is depleted. The lone remaining fast guy checking out every moto, what excitement!!  :snore:  Even though Poto is a scratch this year, plenty of fast guys will start at GH. Let's hope they all stay healthy. I wouldn't even mind seeing JS win it all although I doubt it will happen.  What am I saying??  :bonk: If JS did pull it off, we would have to put up with all the junk jockeys having a forum parade that would that would be eerily close to Dikes on Trikes.  :awww: On second thought, I retract the statement  B)  

The point of 08 is that JS stayed healthy the whole time.  He won SX 07 and 09.  People can hate i just don't see why they hate him so much.  Regardless if he wins or not I just hope the rides stay healthy through the season.  This years SX was one of the most exciting i can think of in recent history.  I hope the outdoors are the same.  There have been a few good outdoor battles in the past few years but nothing like this year could bring.

• Like 1

The point of 08 is that JS stayed healthy the whole time.  He won SX 07 and 09.  People can hate i just don't see why they hate him so much.  Regardless if he wins or not I just hope the rides stay healthy through the season.  This years SX was one of the most exciting i can think of in recent history.  I hope the outdoors are the same.  There have been a few good outdoor battles in the past few years but nothing like this year could bring.

News Flash ... It's not JS that they hate ... it's the posse!!

Edit: BTW, the only reason he stayed healthy in '08 is that nobody was there to push him.

Edited by OKVet
  • Like 4

News Flash ... It's not JS that they hate ... it's the posse!!

Edit: BTW, the only reason he stayed healthy in '08 is that nobody was there to push him.

Honestly without Poto I don't know who will challenge him. I mean there are plenty of fast guys, but Stewart and Poto seem to clearly be above the rest. And now with Poto out, I bet Stewart is smelling blood.

• Like 1

Honestly without Poto I don't know who will challenge him. I mean there are plenty of fast guys, but Stewart and Poto seem to clearly be above the rest. And now with Poto out, I bet Stewart is smelling blood.

He smells blood every year, problem is it's usually his own. :cripple:  

• Like 1

He smells blood every year, problem is it's usually his own. :cripple:  

So he knows Poto has him covered, which he is lucky cause he's out. But honestly he just started riding good again during Supercross. I mean who will beat him? Dungey? I don't see it. Roczen? Eh maybe. Tomac? I mean he is pretty quick sometimes, key word sometimes. Is Millsaps even racing? Barcia? I don't know, I guess we will see. I can really say though he is surprising me.

It will really just depend on whether or not he can keep it on two wheels. I don't see him having to push it to a 100%

Check out the go pro at Milestone: http://motocross.transworld.net/1000161570/videos/gopro-board-james-stewart/?sm_id=social_20140515_23981884

Edited by braaaaawp88
  • Like 1

So he knows Poto has him covered, which he is lucky cause he's out. But honestly he just started riding good again during Supercross. I mean who will beat him? Dungey? I don't see it. Roczen? Eh maybe. Tomac? I mean he is pretty quick sometimes, key word sometimes. Is Millsaps even racing? Barcia? I don't know, I guess we will see. I can really say though he is surprising me.

It will really just depend on whether or not he can keep it on two wheels. I don't see him having to push it to a 100%

Check out the go pro at Milestone: http://motocross.transworld.net/1000161570/videos/gopro-board-james-stewart/?sm_id=social_20140515_23981884

Not surprising me. JS has always been quick if not the quickest. Problem is consistency, especially if he has to push. Race wins vs. championships don't lie. I expect 14 to be more of the same but hopefully he can stay healthy, and that goes for the rest too.

Not surprising me. JS has always been quick if not the quickest. Problem is consistency, especially if he has to push. Race wins vs. championships don't lie. I expect 14 to be more of the same but hopefully he can stay healthy, and that goes for the rest too.

Yeah definitely. It's not hard for him to ride fast, but it is hard for him to ride fast for an entire season without losing it at least once. That's the big question imo, how hard will he be forced to push.