Get that dancing monkey off your back! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

is ok to not use the auto decomp on the cam? like delete it?

broke the auto decomp lever on my 04 crf250r and idk wat to do. if i can just take it out and leave it out that would be sooo much easier because i dont wanna spend the 80 extra bucks on something i dont need

Its only $66 on motosport. Not using it would not hurt the bike but you wont enjoy trying to start it. Especially when hot. Do yourself a favor and buy the part. Check ebay also. Might find a used one for really cheap.

cam fell off the table and landed right on it and broke it     will it bump start tho? and wat if i get it at tdc then kick it will it start?

I would guess something will break over time. theres a lot of resistance put on the kick start drive

• Like 1

Do yourself a favor, suck it up and buy the lever! The bikes can be hard enough to start and not having the decomp lever will make your ride much less enjoyable. Last thing you want to have to do is bump start your ride in the middle of the track/trail.

honestly, i love crfs but i bought this one to make a profit on   i just want it to run so i can sell it. ill tell the person who buys it what it needs i was just wondering if itl be ok for now

I assume that buying/installing the lever won't bust all your profit margin. Also, you'll surely get far more than the lever costs you in added sales price if you do it! Nobody wants to buy an eff'd up bike.

honestly, i love crfs but i bought this one to make a profit on   i just want it to run so i can sell it. ill tell the person who buys it what it needs i was just wondering if itl be ok for now

I buy and sell all the time. Been doing it forever. 

IDK what your experience is  with selling, or what riders are like in your part of the country. 

I find most potential buyers don't know how to fix bikes.

You really narrow your audience buy trying to sell something that isn't perfect.

Especially when it comes to starting. Most people are really impressed when a bike starts within a kick or two.

There aren't a lot of buyers to begin with so you have to better than the next guy selling

On the other hand I love it when I go to look at a bike to buy thats &%$#@!ed up like yours.

Because I know nobody's going to buy it, and if its something I want I can beat the shit out of the asking price.

• Like 1

thats true   i buy and sell a lot to get othr bikes and quads so i have a decent experience although im only 16, so im no professional. i just put a lot of money into this bike planning on keeping it but it didnt run so i think im just gonna sell it

thats true i buy and sell a lot to get othr bikes and quads so i have a decent experience although im only 16, so im no professional. i just put a lot of money into this bike planning on keeping it but it didnt run so i think im just gonna sell it

Man, im 16 too and I work on my friends machines and some peoples from school for some $. Even if you're gonna sell it and never see the buyer or the bike again, do the right thing, fix it right. Some guy who doesnt know engines buys your bike for his sons birthday with an f'd up motor? That would sure ruin my birthday.

Don't give yourself a bad rep by doing the wrong thing. I find that you never know who you might encounter again later on.

• Like 1

it will be fine, try and ride it, once it breaks of the case rips apart at the kick lever someone will get a cheap crf on kijiji.

buy the part, if you dont want to spend 66$ on your bike your in the wrong sport homie

• Like 1