Sign in to follow this  

Oil leak on left side

Finally got my bike back few weeks ago and its been running pretty good so far. I do have an oil leak on the left side-after my commute to work(17 miles) the oil drips from the bottom of left cover and falls onto the skid plate.

I read a few older threads about the seals and/or the "dimples". I really would like to get this fixed-how much of a job is it to fix those dimples-what has to be removed and do I need any special tools?

If its the seal(s) how much of a job is that?

Lastly, whats involved in removing the stator? My Cylmers really doesn't address it-least I haven't found it yet.

Mine is leaking as well. I ordered a flywheel puller off of ebay today for $13.35 shipped . The seal is around $7.00 plus shipping and the cheapest shipping I have found so far is from aftermarketcyclepartsnation.com which is another $7.00 . I am not going to order any parts yet until I find out what is leaking, the crankshaft seal or those dimples . I will update this thread when I find out more. You can read in the stickys titled xt350 how to's. There is a thread that covers the flywheel removal with pictures and it's a simple job if you have the proper tools .

Edited by rzxt350

Thanks for the info-just what I was looking for-I'm gonna order mine right now-keep me updated

Thanks for the info-just what I was looking for-I'm gonna order mine right now-keep me updated

I sent you a PM or you can read my thread titled xt350 oil consumption .