Sign in to follow this  

Rear rim help

Hi, I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for anywhere. I bought new hubs and ordered Dirtstar STX rims at the same time to lace them to for race wheels. Upon getting them I found my hubs are 36 hole and the rear rim I ordered is only 32 hole. My question is can I use this rim or does it need to be specific to my bike? Only reason I'm asking is when I ordered the initial set of rims (from BTO) they wanted to know what bike I had and when I emailed sprocket center they only replied that "they think any 19x1.85 36 hole rim should work." I just want to make sure so I don't have to go through all this again. Heres the link to the rim I am planning on ordering. http://sprocketcenter.com/index.php/did-st-x-dirt-star-rear-rim-19-x-1-85.html Help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

If you bought both the hubs and the rims from the same place at the same time, shame on them. Stock rear CRF hubs are 32hole and some aftermarket are 36hole. Sounds like you bought a 36hole rear hub but bought a rear rim for a 32hole OEM hub...

Not sure about guiding you to getting you the perfect fitment, but any place that sells that stuff should should know that info intimately and be able to help.

Edited by Eddie8v

Thanks for the quick reply. I did not order them from the same company. I ordered the hubs off ebay and the rims from BTO. That was the case, I just ordered what BTO said fit my bike and never thought anything more of it. I'm really only concerned that the rim I linked won't work with my bike and I'll be screwed again. Like I said I emailed them and all they said was "we think any 19x1.85 36 hole rim should work." Is there any reason it won't work or be an issue on my bike?