Sign in to follow this  

STICKY THROTTLE

I JUST RECENTLY CHANGED MY HANDLEBARS AND WHEN I WENT OUT FOR MY FIRST RIDE, I NOTICED MY THROTTLE WILL NOT RETURN AND IS STICKING.  DOES THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH BIGGER BARS, OR IS IT GOING TO BE SOMETHING ELSE?

WHEN I INSTALLED MY THROTTLE BACK ON THE BAR, I MADE SURE TO LEAVE A SPACE AT THE END OF THE BAR SO THE THROTTLE TUBE WAS NOT RUBBING ON THE END OF THE BAR.  I DO NOT HAVE VERY MUCH EXPERIENCE WITH THE THROTTLE ASSEMBLY AND AM OPEN TO POSSIBLE SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I CAN DO TO FIX IT!

I RECENTLY PUT NEW BIG BARS ON MY BIKE, WHEN I WENT OUT FOR MY FIRST RIDE I NOTICED THAT MY THROTTLE WAS STICKING AND NOT RETURNING AFTER GRABBING A HAND FULL!

WHEN I INSTALLED IT BACK ON THE BARS I MADE SURE TO LEAVE A GAP AT THE END OF THE BAR SO IT DOES NOT RUB ON THE END OF THE BAR.

I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE THROTTLE ASSEMBLY AT ALL AND AM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS OR IDEAS AS TO WHAT MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM AND HOW TO FIX IT

I JUST RECENTLY CHANGED MY HANDLEBARS AND WHEN I WENT OUT FOR MY FIRST RIDE, I NOTICED MY THROTTLE WILL NOT RETURN AND IS STICKING.  DOES THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH BIGGER BARS, OR IS IT GOING TO BE SOMETHING ELSE?

WHEN I INSTALLED MY THROTTLE BACK ON THE BAR, I MADE SURE TO LEAVE A SPACE AT THE END OF THE BAR SO THE THROTTLE TUBE WAS NOT RUBBING ON THE END OF THE BAR.  I DO NOT HAVE VERY MUCH EXPERIENCE WITH THE THROTTLE ASSEMBLY AND AM OPEN TO POSSIBLE SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I CAN DO TO FIX IT!

What changed from original? Work from there. After that, I'd lube everything and make sure cable is routed properly with no kinks. If you stretched the cable, that may be it.

Mike

• Like 1

If its a 4 stroke throttle. One of the cables in the housing could be pinched a bit inside. Take it apart and re route the cables and make sure the housing seals completely.

• Like 2

I put new set of cheap Fly bars on a TTR230. The bars had a plastic cover over the throttle side that I didn't see and made the throttle stick. Take a razor blade and remove the thin clear plastic cover.

I JUST RECENTLY CHANGED MY HANDLEBARS AND WHEN I WENT OUT FOR MY FIRST RIDE, I NOTICED MY THROTTLE WILL NOT RETURN AND IS STICKING. DOES THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH BIGGER BARS, OR IS IT GOING TO BE SOMETHING ELSE?

WHEN I INSTALLED MY THROTTLE BACK ON THE BAR, I MADE SURE TO LEAVE A SPACE AT THE END OF THE BAR SO THE THROTTLE TUBE WAS NOT RUBBING ON THE END OF THE BAR. I DO NOT HAVE VERY MUCH EXPERIENCE WITH THE THROTTLE ASSEMBLY AND AM OPEN TO POSSIBLE SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I CAN DO TO FIX IT!

Well what was it?

Update.

Well what was it?

Update.

Sorry, I have been way busy and have not been able to get to it just yet.  I just switched back to graveyards and sleep has my priority right now.  I am hoping to get to it Thursday or Friday.

• Like 2

Well if you installed new bars you had to put on grips to, sounds like you could have a classic case of gripe glue inside the throttle tube.

Gripe glue is the worst!

EVERYONE HERE IS REALLY FUNNY.............

• Like 1

Sorry, I just could not resist.

It just struck me funny.

Edited by ridngslikecrack