Sign in to follow this  

Wheeling Cycle Supply rocks!

In the interest of looking out for each other, we often post threads describing why we are unhappy with a product, vendor or mechanic -- and I'm glad we do --  and for the same reason I thought I'd post some well-deserved praise. :rolleyes:

We all buy parts online and usually all goes well but sometimes we need to return something -- and then the pain starts.  Not this time. Not for me. I did business with Wheeling Cycle Supply.

Here's what happened: Last autumn I bought about $300 worth of parts from Wheeling Cycle Supply to install over the winter or spring. While they sat ready for me to install I got a job offer which requires me to move to Africa, so I can't use the parts.  I called Wheeling late on a Saturday afternoon and Forrest Green answered.  I explained my situation to Forrest and he was unbelievably understanding and practically insisted that I return the parts for a full refund; the entire conversation lasted about a minute.  While he may have a good reason to charge for restocking in some cases, he declined to charge me for the return.  Using plain-talk he explained: "My guys are back there working anyway, so why should I charge you more?"

Wow.

While he may not want everyone to order items they don't need and then expect a super-easy return, I know that he was super understanding about my individual case.

Within a few days after I shipped the return, I got a receipt for the return in the mail.  

On the printed receipt Cheryl hand wrote -- in large cursive -- "Thank you, Cheryl @ WCS."

Did someone set the clock back to 1950 and not tell me?  

When I return in a year or two and need something for a motorbike, they will be the first cycle shop I call.

Thank you, Forrest, I appreciate the way you do business.

If you need anything I recommend them:

Wheeling Cycle Supply

134 17th St

Wheeling, WV 26003

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/

Toll Free: +1.888 274 0886 
Locally: +1.304 233 2501 
Fax: +1.304 233 2502

Email Wheeling Cycle Supply 
General Info: info@wheelingcyclesupply.com
Sales: sales@wheelingcyclesupply.com
Returns: returns@wheelingcyclesupply.com