Sign in to follow this  

need help picking Valve brand.

ill start by saying I KNOW I need valves and head work done. I have seen so much negativity towards the Kibble White valves but all those posts were in 2006ish. id like to know what you guys have used, how they lasted. any help would be great. I live in northern cali and its the season to RIIIDE  :ride:  . sick of seeing it in the garage :banghead:  any input would be awesoooome!

Kibble white valves are the way to go

Still a "No Go" for DRZ400......

ill start by saying I KNOW I need valves and head work done. I have seen so much negativity towards the Kibble White valves but all those posts were in 2006ish. id like to know what you guys have used, how they lasted. any help would be great. I live in northern cali and its the season to RIIIDE  :ride:  . sick of seeing it in the garage :banghead:  any input would be awesoooome!

OEM, APE, Ferrea(RHC) valves are the G O

• Like 2

Still a "No Go" for DRZ400......

OEM, APE, Ferrea(RHC) valves are the G O

I want ferrea valves by RHC but I haven't had a response back from Ron yet. I hear nothing but good about his valves. Where's a good place to buy ape, or other brands? Any word on the wiseco valves?

I used APE valve springs. Not going to comment on valves because in all honesty I'm not positive if I got the correct valves I ordered or not from a certain somebody.

• Like 2

I want ferrea valves by RHC but I haven't had a response back from Ron yet. I hear nothing but good about his valves. Where's a good place to buy ape, or other brands? Any word on the wiseco valves?

Also, what valve spring kit should I use?

I haven't used wiseco, but I haven't heard any bad reports....OEM, Ferrea or APE spring kits are also good....

Some local US guys should be able to advise on sales outlets...

Edited by Craigo 485sm

I got APE valves and springs from powerbarn.com. Very good communication from powerbarn about my order status. I'd order from them again.

Edit: the valves came with a Ducati sticker on them so now I get to tell people I'm running Ducati valves.

Edited by Jettaron91vw
  • Like 1

Haha nice. Have they been in long? Are they holding up well?

Umm.. Yeah... About that... The valves have been in the head for a while. However, I just now installed the head onto the motor today... But so far no problems, hahaha. One day I'll get this damn thing running again.
  • Like 1

I went with new stock seals and new stock keepers. Had the valve seats recut by racing sport services in Atlanta at the recommendation of tter Radtech. Also great experience there.

I decided to go APE on the valves. Wiseco on the piston. Parts will be in sometime this coming work week. Hoping to be back in action by Sunday (I have Sunday and Monday off) needless to say I'm itchin to riiiiide!!!

Oh ya and ape springs.

• Like 1

So check this out! Pulled the head and this is what my exhaust valve looked like attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400045663.884604.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400045683.333533.jpg

You started a new thread about it...Why bother when you got the same subject going on here....

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1085697-so-heres-to-the-intake-valves/#entry11601963