Sign in to follow this  

Trouble mounting hyde skid plate

Anyone else have trouble? I dont quite get how it mounts on i just took a quick lokk at it today just to see if itd fit right and i couldnt figure it out i only looked at it for maybe 5 minutes. Thanks guys!

It fits to the OEM mounts... and may interfere slightly with the header if larger aftermarket.

You can fuss around greatly to size that cut out by hand..... but attaching the plate . starting the motor and running till hot will "Size" it perfectly.. Let cool, trim the melted ridge.. and your done.  

• Like 1

It looks like itll fit but like whatmarquez said the headers in the way a lil. Im putting my ssw on at he same time so probly hopefully it doesnt hit the pipe if so i now know what to do. Thanks everyone!

Yep they sorta need to be shaped to your bike a bit and the first install is much more annoying than the ones after. I barely could get any threads started when i first put mine on but now it slips right on and off when i changed the oil. I did have to slot one of the holes a little bit to get it to line up but it was no big deal.  I used the long screws in the front and back and the shorts screws on the middle two holes. 

• Like 2

Yep they sorta need to be shaped to your bike a bit and the first install is much more annoying than the ones after. I barely could get any threads started when i first put mine on but now it slips right on and off when i changed the oil. I did have to slot one of the holes a little bit to get it to line up but it was no big deal.  I used the long screws in the front and back and the shorts screws on the middle two holes.

Ditto