Sign in to follow this  

Headpipe kx250f

I came back from a ride on my track, it's in a sand pit, I have a couple corners, few jumps, and some whoops, when I came back I realized there was smoke coming out my headpipe, so I take a look and there's this fat hole in the headpipe, anyway I can maybe repair it by welding it? I'm still wondering what might've costed itImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399703068.233655.jpg

You can try to weld it but I would suggest looking into a new head pipe. I've heard if they leak at all it causes running issues. But hey if you have a tig there's nothing to lose

Year of bike?

My thoughts also.

That pipe looks really old, havent seen one get a hole like that, almost like its rusted.     

It's not rusted at all, i put some epoxy to see if it would get the job done, but it melted off, so it stuck into it and I had to scrape it offImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400084803.166655.jpg

I'm still wondering how to pop the seat off, I had a 2 stroke and it had a knot so I would just unplug the knot and take It off, but how do I get the kx250f seat off

The bike seat? It's just two bolts on the sides. Pull the back up while pushing the front down and back.

You been riding the bike in a sand pit and you dont know how to take the seat off ??

How have you been cleaning the air filter

You not going to fix that hole, you will need to get a new head pipe 

Not sure how to remove the seat? Buy a service manual. So cheap in PDF format. Remove both side plastic bolts at top rear; pull seat backwards and off. You should keep a separate air cleaner ready to go and change it after each ride, especially in sand. Used header pipe on eBay is $50.

I got welded and it's good now, going to order a new headpipe soon, yeah gonna clean the air filter in a few days

Really appreciate all your guys's help thanks