Sign in to follow this  

Help me decide..

I am soon to be selling my KLX450R as it is just to heavy and to much to handle as i have limited time due to work to ride. I am thinking to down scale to a 250 and am seriously thinking about getting an 08 or 09 WR250F (that is what budget will allow) I am bigger than average rider. 6"2 and 105kg's. Anyone out there of a similar size who rides this bike and can help me decide? The riding i am doing is a bit more technical and not to quick so i am thinking this could be the bike for me. Any help appreciated. 

I have an 06 and it is a great bike for trails. Rev it up and it will go fast. One thing that you will probably have to consider is changing springs for your weight, stock is for 75-85kg. And change gears more often as the 250 needs that compared to 450.

08 yz introduced the higher compression piston that will fit the wr and give you a bit more bottom end power.

Can you try one before you buy?

Coming off a 450 I'd bet a stock WR250F will feel underpowered to you. You'll need to do the standard power mods I suspect. Or find one that's already well modded.