Sign in to follow this  

Slacker Digital Sag Scale

Just wanted to get this out there for those of you who dont't know about it. A guy came up with what I think is a great idea of designing a sag scale that can be used by one person. Basically you set it up, then sit on the bike and it takes the measurements for you via two instruments you mount onto the bike. I've been looking for something like this every scince I got into dirtbikes and it looks like this guy is the only one to have something like this on the market. From what it looks like he is taking donations on kickstarter.com to get the first production run done. Supposedly supposed to have them on the market sometime this spring. You can check it out here at his website- http://motool.co/products/slacker-digital-sag-scale

What's you guys opinion on this? I think it's a rad idea if it works properly, would love to be able to set sag up single handedly. The retail price is steep at I THINK something like $150.00+, but it's not so bad considering your helping another rider and not some giant CEO, always good to support innovative ideas.

Just thought I'd get this out there if people don't already know about it, also want to see what kind of opinions everyone has on it.

Are there other similar devices cheaper on the market already?

I think its a cool product  , though personally , i can't see spending that much on a Sag Scale  (electronic or not), i understand the effort and thought that went into it , but i would think $60 would be more realistic , at least for someone on a budget like me , i can set my sag myself with a manual one so its not a necessity for me , though the concept is cool and seems like it was well thought out , and it will definitely sell  , the price is just a deal breaker for me , but overall i think its a good product and will help guys that tend to ride by themselves or that can never find someone around to help when setting sag

Personally i would suggest making one with a adjustable clamp (similar to the number plate one,offered as a optional part or choice of buying 1 unit setup with the swingarm clamp OR 1 with the magnet) for the base/bottom unit to attach to the swingarm for those that have Titanium Axles or a setup that would not allow the magnet to hold properly , nothing extravagant , just a simple upper/lower clamp to hold the unit to the swingarm

Edited by 450XJimDirt

I know exactly what you mean, $60.00 would defiantly be more reasonable but without a major companies help I'm sure that number just wouldn't work for him, which is a shame. I'm defiantly going to have a hard time pulling the trigger on it once its on the market just because of the high price. But for a race team, or someone who goes through multiple bikes every year or few years, or has multiple set ups for different terrain I think it would be worth it. But yet again just thought I'd share a cool new product on the scene regardless if anyone will actually buy one or not. Your clip idea is awesome, maybe send him a e-mail about it and get some kickback dollars!!! Hahahaha

Yes i agree , without major production support it would be hard for him to market at that price and still make any money on it (the downsides of corporate America killing the little guy tying to make a living) , and with major production , it would take away from profits made

It is a cool product and yes Teams and multi-bike/track riders would benefit from it

Pretty sweet. If I was in a little different financial situation I would buy it. But I'm lucky too be able too keep tires on my bike all summer. I'm got two little kids and not a lot of wiggle room in my riding budget especially for some thing I can do with a tape measure and second set if hands. There lot of people in this sport that like too throw around money though and if I had it this would be on my list.

Hey, this is johny and I am the guy who is putting out Slacker. I ran in to this prowling the forum accidentally:-) Thanks for posting this Calhoun!  It will actually run $100 not $150+. I just moved the site to a better platform so that link is bunk now. Here is the new home- http://www.motool.co/product-p/slacker.htm  Feel free to hit me up if anyone has questions. Cheers!

Edited by Johny1212
  • Like 1

Yeah, I have used that one and the ASV and they drove me to this invention. The motion pro doesn't allow you to bounce the bike to settle the suspension so it could never give you an accurate reading. See this video to see how Factory Connection takes the measurement (Pro Circuit too). They bounce the bike.

The ASV makes you set the 0 point reaching back toward the rear axle which is not a normal riding position. Both were at least 10mm off what you would get with a tape and a helper. You can see they are not well thought out just reading the user guides.

Edited by Johny1212

Hey, this is johny and I am the guy who is putting out Slacker. I ran in to this prowling the forum accidentally:-) Thanks for posting this Calhoun! It will actually run $100 not $150+. I just moved the site to a better platform so that link is bunk now. Here is the new home- http://www.motool.co/product-p/slacker.htm Feel free to hit me up if anyone has questions. Cheers!

Awesome man! I thought for sure I seem somewhere you said that they were going to run around 150, 100 is way better good stuff man!!

• Like 1