Sign in to follow this  

Non starting TE 410

Hey guys, so yesterday my bike stalled while riding a paddock, nothing too strenuous and i couldnt get it started on kick or bump. I assumed it was proper flooded after my numerous kick attempts and because it had shown no signs of any issues prior to the stall.

Returned to it today to give it a try, nothing. I put in a new sparkplug and tried again, still nothing. Had a poke around under the plastics and air filter to see if anything was obvious, thats when i noticed this tube which looks to have split and perhaps come off of something...ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399737695.445145.jpg

It looks like theres two tubes underneath what i'm assuming is the carb that are not attatched to anything, this pic shows the two outlet tubes which have no attachments one of which is the split tube...ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399737884.579128.jpg

I actually have three unattached tubes (surely not all overflows!) which are shown in this pic, two of them are the carb(?) tubes and one is from something up near the petrol tank...ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399738236.758194.jpg

So my thoughs are that one or more of these pipes is essential to either fuel mix or fuel transfer to the appropriate place but not having am education in mechanics i'm left totally oblivious and the husky manual doesnt offer detailed pics to see where these pipes should go, if anywhere.

Does anyone have any info to share that might get my bike running again?

They are all breather/overflow tubes. All 4. Leave them alone. Just make sure they are not blocked.

Dump fuel from bowl.

Try a new plug.

Report back.