Sign in to follow this  

shop paper towels...

Any reason why I need to spend money on the more expensive blue shop paper towels (to clean parts mostly) over the 34 pack of bounty the wife picked up at costco?

I use both depending on what i'm doing, carb rebuild the blue scott towels they are lint free , just pulled a greasy engine and disassembling el-cheapo . 

• Like 1

I use both depending on what i'm doing, carb rebuild the blue scott towels they are lint free , just pulled a greasy engine and disassembling el-cheapo .

I also use up my old sock's, jean's, tee-shirt's and underware if the skid mark's aren't too bad :)

Edited by filterx
  • Like 2

Not exactly motorcycle related, but I save my old socks for when I grease my vehicles.  Put a disposable rubber glove on your off hand and slip the sock over the glove. Use the gloved hand to wipe the fittings clean before and after you grease.  One sock will do a whole vehicle.  Just rotate the sock when one side gets dirty.

I get Kimberly Clark rags. There not the blue ones but I think they hold up the best and are made specifically for shop work. I also found when I ran low once they hold up just fine in the wash and were reused without any tearing.

What's wrong with old T-shirts?

I think the blue ones are tougher then your standard Bounty rolls....

Honda/Suzuki/kawi/Yamaha work the best!

My uncle gets these weird sealed bricks of clean square white pieces of cloth, says they're from the hospital and he gets them for free, I'll get a pic next time he gives us a couple more bricks lol

I think shop towels can come in handy. Just don't forget paper towels are abrasive so keep that in mind depending on what you're doing.

I think shop towels can come in handy. Just don't forget paper towels are abrasive so keep that in mind depending on what you're doing.

as though mud,dirt,tree branches,rocks and dust on your bike isn't?

• Like 1

as though mud,dirt,tree branches,rocks and dust on your bike isn't?

I'm speaking about internal engine or suspension components.

I'm speaking about internal engine or suspension components.

You serious?

Edited by AXAxiom
  • Like 3

You serious?

yes he is, his rags are class 10 clean room grade, hermetically sealed, used once to remove all fine airborne dust and abrasive particulants , oh forgot, he also does his assy/dissassy in a temp controlled clean room as well! They call him the bike DOC!

• Like 2

My uncle gets these weird sealed bricks of clean square white pieces of cloth, says they're from the hospital and he gets them for free, I'll get a pic next time he gives us a couple more bricks lol

The hospitals around here use Kimberly Clark rags like I use.

Yes sir,  you do ride dirt bikes, they are exposed to dirt in the air. You know abrasives that chew your parts up, and engines that breath it in as well. And god forbid using an air compressor cleaning your parts as well, spewing air borne contaminents on your freshly wiped parts. You guys crack me up.  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Do a study on oil contaminant levels from the bottle, hate to inform you your new clean oil is not clean.   LOLOLOLOL

• Like 1

The hospitals around here use Kimberly Clark rags like I use.

And when you open them they are contaminated by the airborne dusts of your environments, your dirt infested work benches, etc.etc.etc  LOL in other words dirt! Yhey now are dirty and abrasive. Please send us a pic of your work areas, oil bottles open, grease containers open, can't use an air compressor any more, tthat dirty can/bucket you use to wash your parts in, how about your dirty hands as well, the dirt transferred from your dirty clothes when a part brushes against them. GET XXXXXXX REAL!  Paper towels.     LOLOLOLOL