Sign in to follow this  

Helmet cam mount

Wanted to go riding today, but too much rain for me. So I decided to figure out how to mount the head cam I got for Christmas.

I got the sony action cam hdr- as15. It's a nice little camera and actually competes with the go pros. (Not saying they are better)

So I was debating how I wanted to mount this thing, there's a wide variety of different types but they all took away from the slimness and added height to the camera.

I thought the goggle mount was pretty cool but I didn't want the added bulk when I had to throw the goggles off. Plus it added more bulk to put it in a pocket if need be.

Found a video on YouTube of a guy using 3M industrial strength Velcro tape for his street bike helmet and he said he had it up to 100 mph+. So I decided to give it a try.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399745776.586415.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399745615.572002.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399745650.749291.jpg

Works very well and seems strong enough. Picked the Helmet up by the camera and shook it a bit and seemed to hold well enough

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399745736.955575.jpg

I'm excited to take this out and see how it holds up. Biggest thing I like is it takes a strong pull, and you can slide it right into a pocket, no messing around. I think I found a winner