Sign in to follow this  

TTR 125 Leaking Gas

My girlfriends sister bought an 01 TTR 125 the other day, we brought it home and it sat in the garage for a day and it didn't leak, then we brought it out last night for a few minutes and took it around the block. We woke up this morning and it was leaking gas. I thought I might have left the gas on because before we put it away I was playing with it and showing her how it worked but it was off. I raced around 5 years ago and my dad did most of my maintenance so I'm not clueless but I could use some direction. She was reading up on the issue and there is an air bubble or two in the line coming from the carb, if anyone has an idea your help would be appreciated! 

I would usually say that the float in the carb is stuck, but if you turned the fuel off at the petcock then it's probably just a bad seal around the petcock and tank junction.

Here is a good way to test. Remove the float bowl, but keep the gas line hooked up. Turn the gas on and test to see by pressing up on the floats if it seals the gas. This issue I had in my kids ttr is that the floats were closing to late. I had to slightly bend the tab to have the float close sooner. If you press up on the floats and it still leaks gas, you need to replace your needle seat.