Sign in to follow this  

03 kx125 problem

I just bought an 03 kx125 that bogs down ALOT in the first 3-4 gears but is perfectly fine in the top gears. I just drained the fuel and mixed fresh 93oct with castor 927 at 32/1 and changed tranny oil. Air filter is clean so I don't know what the problem is. I think maybe jetting. Also there is a line that comes out of the front of the motor and exhaust gas comes out of it all the time. Please help. I know 2 strokes don't have low end but I had many before. Something is wrong

Edited by mikepod

whats your compression? thats a little rich for a stock bike I belieave

your either too rich on the bottom end adjustment or low on compression would be my guess these things start to lose compression

rightaway

Edited by anthonystempak

Thanks for the replies but it's not the top end. The guy said it has 3 hours on it it's an Athena top end kit and the hour meter says 14 he said the bottom end has 14. Also I thought maybe it's the power valve but he said it was new with the top end

I can try to inspect the reeds but I don't know what they are supposed to look like so what should I look for. Also it has the bog problem in neutral as well so why would gears 4-6 be fine? there is no powerband in neutral and 1-3 just a gurgling sound and lots of smoke

rich on the bottom and top probably on the carb adjustments  start leaning a 1/8th or a turn each with a new plug? somethings wrong

actually start with a quater turns too the lean it should get better

Edited by anthonystempak

do the bottom end a quarter turn 1st

make sure you ride it and clean it out well 2nd 3rd gear  powerband

Edited by anthonystempak

Try adjusting carb and cleaning it. My yz 250 ran like shit and just adjusted it and cleaned it and it ran like it was brand new!

your bikes lean heres how to adjust

this is not the exact carb but should be close enough

you need to adjust the clip heigth on that large needle, probably should remove the carb your discretion may not though

Edited by anthonystempak

whats your compression? sounds kinda tired 1.5(probably 1-2 hp depending on how its running  in milling the head if your compression is low you can just hone and rering

be about 100 total   and you could ask the machine shop to torque your motor

you'll need to premium if you mill

Edited by anthonystempak

up on the adjustment is leaner, down is richer.Im guessing its all or one down from the top? tell me what it is im curious

Edited by anthonystempak

Still didn't adjust it. My friend is helping me tomorrow with it. Don't have a compression tester but it's seems pretty good. Thanks for all the help and replies