Sign in to follow this  

Which bike yz it rmz?

I'm looking at getting a new bike just sum thoughts on what I should get a 03-05 yz250f or 04-05 rmz250 which is more reliable I won't be racing just trail riding gravel pits stuff like that with my Friends?

I think the yamaha was a better bike

Current ride: 1986 TRX250R with lots of mods.

Have owned: 1981 ATC250R with lots of mods, 1983 200X, 1986 250SX, 1991 KDX200

The 04/05 RMZ's and KXF's are some of the worst bikes produced in the past 20 years. I would avoid like the plague.

Edited by motonack
  • Like 1

The 04/05 RMZ's are awful. I wouldn't take one for free.

They were a stop gap bike so Suzuki/Kawasaki (they put out the same bike together) would have a bike to hold them over until they produced a better engineered machine. The engines are prone to massive failures as are the transmissions, they are hard to work on and hold little to no value. They were slow for their time period, overheated off the showroom floor and to change the oil filter I do believe you had to split the cases. Absolute garbage bikes when they were new and 10 years of abuse and neglect make them probably the stupidest thing to buy ever. 

Don't even think about it. It doesn't matter if it was fully rebuilt yesterday, it's still a pile of crap. 

• Like 1

Agreed! The yz250f motors were pretty much unchanged from 01-13. I had an 06 with 400+ hrs. on it.

The 04/05 RMZ's are awful. I wouldn't take one for FREE.

I would take one for free, rmz250 weren't good until 2007 when they ditched Kawasaki. Yz250f is the only choice here in these years