Sign in to follow this  

Loosen boot buckle?

I got some alpine star tech 3 boots which I love except for when it comes to taking them off... Those buckles are a nightmare to get off. They loose okay but the hinge bar is way to tight.

Is there any trick to wearing this on or prying it bigger so they are easy to un-clip?

Dude.... should of gotten yourself a pair of Doc Marten boots, works the same! 

Sorry I can't be of any help, hahahahaha. 

Nope just have too deal with it mine are the same. Some times after riding when I'm so tired I can hardly pick my arms up I use a screw driver too help pry but be careful I'm sure you could break the buckle pretty easy

I got some alpine star tech 3 boots which I love except for when it comes to taking them off... Those buckles are a nightmare to get off. They loose okay but the hinge bar is way to tight.

Is there any trick to wearing this on or prying it bigger so they are easy to un-clip?

Some people might disagree with this, but on my son's tech 3's I just gave each buckle a little shot of WD-40 and the buckles are now a breeze to snap on and off, but stay closed when riding....

• Like 1

I'll give that a try! Anything to save the 10 minutes of torture trying I squeeze my foot out cause the little buckel bar is so tight!

I'll give that a try! Anything to save the 10 minutes of torture trying I squeeze my foot out cause the little buckel bar is so tight!

Lol.....for me it was the torture of standing there fully geared up for 10 minutes and painfully watching my son struggle with his damn boots when all I wanted to do was jump on and ride!!  The last time it happened he was beside the work bench and there happened to be a can of WD beside him......in frustration I grabbed it and was like "Here....gimme yer damn foot!!!"  and I sprayed it on......then I heard this little "snap" like music to my ears....then "thanks dad!"......  So like many great things it was sort of an accidental discovery :lol:

• Like 2

Wd40 will cure it. My tech 7s were brutal and this was the fix.

I have the same trouble with my tech 3's. Definitely will be trying the wd40 method.