Aftermarket radiators 03 250

Evening all,

I am currently rebuilding my 2003 Cr.  I want to replace the banged/bent up OEM radiators.  I know I can still get OEM, but is there a suitable aftermarket replacement that someone has experience with?  Seems Fluidyne does not make them for my year.

Thanks guys

Sid

It's a hit or miss with the Chinese rad's if you're looking to save $$, some fit perfect and some need mod's. I've seen a few at our local track that are better quality than OEM and are oversize which is good IMO. GPI off Ebay seems to have a fairly good reputation.

It's a hit or miss with the Chinese rad's if you're looking to save $$, some fit perfect and some need mod's. I've seen a few at our local track that are better quality than OEM and are oversize which is good IMO. GPI off Ebay seems to have a fairly good reputation.

+1 on the GPI rads. I have gone through a few sets. For $83 a pair you simply cannot beat them. I only got one radiator that seemed to have shorty quality. All the rest have been solid and leak free.

• Like 1

Goodmorning guys,

This forum never disappoints.  I always come here for my sons 450F stuff, but you guys nailed it for my 2 stroke.

Yeah I saw all the Chinese manufacturers on ebay and always wonder about that country.  I am an injection mold part designer by career and the Chinese sourced tools are hit or miss as well.  I did see many of the GPI.  I did not know of Mylers though.  Since my OEM's are not toast and do not leak, just bent enough to cause the shrouds and louvers to fit not right, I think I might Google Mylers.

Thanks for all the input guys and quickly at that.

Have a good mothers day.

Sid

If you need to re-sriaghten the radiators, lay the bent side on bench so that if it were flat it would fully contact the bench. Then take a flathead/punch and tap on the bent post lightly until you've tapped it back into shape, I've done it may times, still no problems

If you cannot straighten yours out.... Mylers has 3 options for you:
1 They can professionally straighten them / repair them for you

2 You can buy reconditioned OEM rads for around $100 each

3 You can buy their Supercool aftermarket rads for around $150 each

I went with option 3 and have been loving the Supercool rads. These things are the real deal, perfect fit, beautiful to look at, and lower running temps. All for way less than the other guys' aftermarket rads, and no gamble like with the ebay china rads.

Edited by DanBot

I'm in AZ and Myles is in Utah...but I sent my radiators to them on a Monday, and had them back by Friday looking MINT.

Amazing turn around time. The day they got them, they straighten, and shipped them back. You can ask for faster service.