Sign in to follow this  

Kickstart stuck after cleaning carb

Hey guys, hopefully yall can help. I have a 2007 crf250r. I just bought it a few weeks back and had to get it rejetted. After getting it all back together I started it up and it ran fine, and I turned it off, because I was indoors. I went out side and tried to start it back up and the kickstart was stuck at the top. So after googling it I tried without success to rock it back and forth, and also removing the sparkplug but it is still stuck. I changed the oil and filter and although it was dirty, I did not see any metal. Any ideas?? Your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! 

Also when looking at the bike I noticed this piece without a tube running from it, I am unsure if this is related, I believe this is where the transmission breather tube should be? This is the view from the top, sorry for quality. It is behind where the kickstart would be from the right side of the bike. 

photo.jpg

I looked at my 07 and it's definately the trans vent, a hose should be on it and run down in front of the shock with the others. You probably should be removing the clutch cover to see what stuck the kick starter. And do you know that the trans. has a seperate drain from the engine?

thanks for the reply. I guess its not a big deal that there is not a hose there then? And yes I know there is two seperate drains, I drained them both and did not see anything abnormal, ill try to remove the clutch cover and see what i can find out thanks

thanks for the reply. I guess its not a big deal that there is not a hose there then? And yes I know there is two seperate drains, I drained them both and did not see anything abnormal, ill try to remove the clutch cover and see what i can find out thanks

I think you have to remove the entire right side cover, including the water pump. Im not sure if you can fully see the gear from just pulling the clutch cover.

Also, I'd get some hose on that, wouldnt want water to make its way in there.