Sign in to follow this  

Wanna replace the throttle-closing cable. Need Pt.#

The PO removed the cable that closes the throttle (if the carb spring breaks i guess).  I think I want it back. 

Parts fiche shows three part numbers for it.  Which one do I need for a 2001 xr400?  (I need the #1 in the diagram.)

I know its not the 17910-KCY-670, cause i ordered that and the ferrule threads are too big  (i.e. same as "open" throttle cable)

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/2001/XR400R+AC/HANDLE+SWITCH/parts.html#

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Well there are actually 3 there.  All 1 single digit different.  Pretty confusing

17910-KCY-670  (not that)

so its either:

17920-KCY-670  or

17920-KCY-671

btw I just wanna say thanks TR42 for all the info you've provided here and elsewhere.  You're a wealth of information.

I usually get my parts from service honda. I'd call them directly and see what they say. The first part you bought was wrong, don't want another.

Edited by Trailryder42

I usually get my parts from service honda. I'd call them directly and see what they say. The first part you bought was wrong, don't want another.

+1

According to Service Honda, 17920-KCY-670 is the discontinued part # and 17920-KCY-671 is the new one.  Just call them and say you have the 'pull' cable, and need the 'push' cable.  Or, just ride without it.

The TT OEM page removes parts,that are obsolete or not available.

Other sites, like Service Honda or Rocky Mountain Mc show old parts, the replacements, and those not shipping.

How to read Honda Parts Code

http://www.kaila.net/tl125/tl125partcode.html

Xxx-670 old part

Xxx-671 new part

Last number is incremented by one.

MotionPro makes great tools and I've read positive reviews of their cables.

I get it.  Thanks.  (I'll use TT page next time.)

MotionPro makes great tools and I've read positive reviews of their cables.

I get all my cables from motion pro  as a matter of fact I just did the push pull +2" on my xr  and all fit perfectly