Sign in to follow this  

Washington Blue Ribbon Task Force on Parks and Outdoor Recreation

I received the following from RCO regarding a "Blue Ribbon" study to improve outdoor recreation.  Basically they would like three suggestions from each respondant, and your suggestions will be discussed.  So follow the link and express your concerns and participate in the discussions, they are intereting.

Sent: Thu, May 1, 2014 4:19 pm
Subject: We need your thoughts about how to improve outdoor recreation

Hello outdoor enthusiast,
There is an important statewide effort that needs your help.
Governor Jay Inslee has created a Blue Ribbon Task Force on Parks and Outdoor Recreation to develop an action plan for increasing outdoor recreation activities and promoting recreation-related jobs and business.
The task force is launching an online town hall to get ideas from smart people like you about how to improve Washington's outdoor opportunities.

So visit Engage Outdoor Washington (see hotlink below)  and let us know:

What are the three most important things we can do to make outdoor recreation more desirable and more accessible?

This is your chance to tell us what you love about spending time in the great outdoors and how the state can make it better.

Don't put it off. The task force has to be done by September.

Thank you.

Kaleen Cottingham  /  Director  /  Recreation and Conservation Office  /
kaleen.cottingham@rco.wa.gov  /  360.902.3003  

Here is the hot link for Engage Outdoor Washington, http://www.engageoutdoorwashington.com/

Did you notice there are no motorized representatives on the committee? Have a look at their website.

I see this as a bad thing not a good thing... the Government getting involved yet again and going in a direction that will only make life worse and more costly to leave the house.

I could go on but ....

Agreed!

I took it upon myself early last week to register and voice my concern. With the exception of a couple posts that have my back, I have been getting bombarded with Eco-Extremist keyboard rage and am getting close to pulling the plug.

Did you notice there are no motorized representatives on the committee? Have a look at their website.

Not officially, but John Keates is a life long single track rider.

He was a last minute addition and it some big-time string pulling to get him a seat at the table.

Agreed!

I took it upon myself early last week to register and voice my concern. With the exception of a couple posts that have my back, I have been getting bombarded with Eco-Extremist keyboard rage and am getting close to pulling the plug.

Good for you registering. My observation from reading inputed suggestions was a lot of folks want more access, and a number want the DP to go away.  But as you saw the Ecos are active in voicing their opinion in the discussions, often voicing opinions that distort facts and/or reality.  One, who I suspect is from Seattle, is interesting to read.

Now that DP money is flowing we need to stop the use of ORV generated funds from being used for non ORV

purposes. Those lost of funds really hurt our sport.

I started this thread hoping to stimulate more off road input, especially  participation in the discussions. So dive in and contribute to the cause.