Sign in to follow this  

95 kx250

I have I 1995 kx250. I just bought it a week ago and it was running great. I am a newbie when it comes to 2 smokes, went from xr80 to kx250. I was riding around my house, when I went inside to get something, and when I try to start it up again it doesn't start. so then I take off the spark plug to see if I was fouled and it was. I have gotten it to start a few times but it dies right after it starts. I check the spark plug and it drenched with oil. so my question is, how do you lean out the carb.

also I took the carb apart to clean it, I cleaned the jets then screwed them in all the way in . are the main jet and pilot jet supposed to be screwed in all the way or are you supposed to screw them in and them screw them out some.

if it was fouled then you need to clean it out as soon as it starts dont let it just idle or it will mostlikely just die out

meanind 2nd 3rd gear wide open till it doesnt sputter at all and repeat the pass

Edited by anthonystempak

thanks for the help,

it has fairly new top and bottom end but I think I mixed the gas wrong. I did get it running though, I put new spark plug and it started first kick.

something just happened to the bike, if I give it gas while its in neutral it revs super high and wont turn off. but if I don't then the same thing happens just slower. it was running just fine for the first 10 minutes of riding then it just started doing this. do yall know what it could be?