Trail riding.....

If you blew that thing while close behind me I'd probably stop and rip it off your bike...

?

? The other day in traffic, some dude with a big rig horn in his pick up wailed a toot. We all thought the train was coming!

:devil:

PS: You'd have to catch me first?

Edited by YZ490-DEVIL

? The other day in traffic, some dude with a big rig horn in his pick up wailed a toot. We all thought the train was coming!

:devil:

PS: You'd have to catch me first?

Oh please. You're on a YZ490, as long as we're in any trails more curvy than a ruler you won't ever get close enough behind me for me to worry about it...

?

does anybody here ride in Orlando

No, I live damn near on the other end of the state...

Why, so you can find yourself in space??

I went riding with a group of guys in Montana.  One of them had the loudest, most obnoxious horn ever.  He was fast, it was his 'backyard' and gaps between riders were long.  Out in the woods, a guy can be just around a corner, but ya can't see him...he'd use that thing to signal where he was. Worked out well. It was also incredibly annoying when ya went down...fun stuff.

• Like 1

Radios or horns not needed.

The lead rider must stop at all intersections and wait for the group, including the last rider.  This keeps the group together and on route. This a good point to switch the lead rider, and the group should have a policy for rotating lead.  

This is best.

I was thinking...... wouldn't it be wise to install horns on your bikes?  I mean, when riding and following in a group, when spread out with pretty far distances, if the guy in the back has a problem with his bike, he can honk the horn so that the riders in front will be aware and stop down for him?  I mean, what if the pack just continues on and leave him with a stranded bike, only to be mauled by a bear a minute later?

And how do you guys determine who leads, who stays in the middle, and last?  Is the lead rider the one with most experience, middle for beginners, and last rider for the guy with most reliable bike?  How does it work for you more experienced folks?

Do the above and you'll be fine.

I'm usually the sweep rider, I'm not the slowest but I'm not the hero, either.

Sweeper should be a good rider, with a reliable bike. lol.

• Like 1

I have a horn on my bike ?

Seriously though, comes down to good riding discipline and group dynamics. 

If you're riding with new people who don't know the area, or weaker riders... put a good rider in the back that knows where they're going, and a decent rider up front who knows where they're going.  Stop and regroup at intersections, make sure everyone's ready to go before heading out again.

Radios can help in some situations, though i've never used them on the bike before (just snowmobiling). 

can't believe this hasn't been suggested.  make sure you lay down roost on any intersections.  If there is someone behind me and I can't see them, anytime I go through an intersection or turn, I lean a bit forward and lay into the throttle so the other riders know which direction I went...this seems to work most of the time especially in single track.

• Like 2