Sign in to follow this  

02 yz 250 clutch not engaging

02 yz 250 2 stroke clutch not engaging can any one help

Have you take the clutch apart?    Might be hung up on the ears on the basket.  Or worse, take a look at it.

Ok there's a little push lever pin on the rotor side of the bike it has about a half inch moment before it accualy hits the push rod and then it is not engaging the clutch how do I got that push lever pin out

Ok, here are the parts from the lever to the pressure plate: push lever, push rod, throwout bearing (which includes a bearing, washer and circlip). Make sure all those parts are there. Easy to do, just pull the cover and the pressure plate. The push lever is held in by a set screw just behind the flywheel case and in front of the sprocket case guard. There's really not much more to it.

Edited by bg10459

Kk thx I think I found the problem it is my push lever there is way to much movement it must be warnout when I to clutch cover off and pulled the clutch the pressure plate moved out just not enough so do I have to remove the rotor to get that pin out or

Yes. Remove rotor to get lever out. Removing and reinstalling the bearings, if necessary, isn't so easy. You'll need a blind bearing puller. Might be difficult with engine in the frame.