Sign in to follow this  

seized up crank bearing 2005 crf250r

i was riding for about a total of 5 hours or so today and then the bike made a nasty noise and slowly died. the kickstarter was stuck and wouldnt budge. so i took the head off and saw that it was the cranks main bearing. what would have caused this? and also one of the intake valve cup cover shim thing was cupped in and that same side cam lobe was very worn. that may just be a completely different problem/ for the cause of the siezing?

i was riding for about a total of 5 hours or so today and then the bike made a nasty noise and slowly died. the kickstarter was stuck and wouldnt budge. so i took the head off and saw that it was the cranks main bearing. what would have caused this? and also one of the intake valve cup cover shim thing was cupped in and that same side cam lobe was very worn. that may just be a completely different problem/ for the cause of the siezing?

Is there any oil in it?

yes it does. i think there was either a little bit of antifreeze in the oil, or water. could it be a base gasket? or something worse?