Sign in to follow this  

2007 rmz 250

As the title says I have an rmz 250.  Does the stock exhaust have a spark arrestor?  If it doesn't, what are my options?  I am not racing the bike.  My boy and I are doing some trail riding and I want it to be legal.

Only thing the service manual says : inspect every 2 hrs,replace silencer every 12 hrs

I still have the warning sticker on rear fender,says do not operate on road OR off-road.

My 07 pops a lot on decelerating and I'm about to check valve clearance .Keeping it tuned is the only option I know of .

Sorry no answer from me .Maybe a DRz has one.

I have't gotten the service manual yet.  I just picked up the bike.  It has low hours and the motor sounds good.  No unusual noise.  BLM is a stickler here in AZ and I would like to avoid a fine.  Thanks for the reply.

Suzuki3_zps7b8d8bd1.jpg

A pic of bike.  The CRF50 that is barely visible is my son's.  We started them tonite.  The Suzuki started with one kick.  His took several.

Nice and clean.I've had mine a month and is funny 07's with low hrs and original tires/chain still on.I was told it had 25 hours tops.

Check into riveting a screen on end of can.Something that doesn't restrict performance might not be good enough for the law.Then there's law abiding size that bike doesn't run right.Size of holes in screen= restriction

The issue is the stock muffler end is held on with rivets not bolts.  I will have to give this some more thought and call around to make sure if does or doesn't have a spark arrestor.  Ride Now motorsports shop says it does but I want to verify it before I get a ticket.  LOL.  As for spending money, my wife is on the same page as yours.  LOL.

You would see it and be able to touch it if it had one.I read the instructions on the site I posted.Grind rivets off.ect

Now to find a db app for phone.If not louder than 76 db I'll see about putting a $15 screen in .