Sign in to follow this  

Jets

Where do you guys usually buy your carb jets? I just bought a new to me 2005 250R and it bogs so bad when I whack the throttle it will kill the bike. From what I understand after reading past posts I need to get a richer leak jet(#55). I don't know if it's related but when I get off the gas the bike has the worst decelerating pops I've heard. Apparently it sat for a full year and the gas was never drained from the carb. Hopefully if I sonic wash the other jets it'll help some.

Save the two stroke.

Apparently it sat for a full year and the gas was never drained from the carb.

www.rockymountainatvmc.com has good prices. If the bike sat that long you probably have a clogged jet from the old fuel gumming up. You should try replacing the pilot jet with a new stock size (42) one. A clogged pilot jet could explain the popping under deceleration and the bog. If you have the money I would replace the main and leak jet as well to be safe since you're going to be taking the carb apart anyway. A year is a long time to sit. Here are some good jetting specs to start with: http://www.procircuit.com/jettingspecs.htm

Edited by tonyiaco290