Sign in to follow this  

sx-f 250 2012 clutch problems...help

so my 2012 ktm sx-f seems to be running weird. Well the clutch is. so i strongly believe the clutch isn't in-gauging  properly, but im not sure  why. I need to let it warm up before i can pull the clutch in an put it into first it is semi cold then it'll just stall out. Also in my shop today i let it warm up put it in first got going and then i just left it in first and held the clutch in, and i just kept going. Like the bike was still pulling me along even though i had the clutch fully engaged. please help all information will be appreciated.

Is it just i need to bleed the hydraulic line and make sure there's no air bubbles in it? i have it set on the lever so that it pulls in as much as it can.. is there another adjustment place for the clutch? do i need new clutch plates?? let me know guys. thanks.

Sounds like a basket issue.

Lay bike on its side and check the clutch basket. Take cover off and inspect it good. Something is wacked.

Could be grooves in basket not letting the clutch fully work.

Could be a bleed issue , try it first

plates look really good. but idk. im gunna change the oil, torque everything properly an see if it makes a difference.or should i add fluid to the hydraulic clutch reservoir..?like change out the fluid

bent clutch3.jpg

clutch plates ktm.jpg

bend clutch1.jpg

bent clutch2.jpg

this is what im looking at, the plates are good. but theres a 3 prong metal thing that it bent up and flat and stuff. How did this happen and is this the problem? let me know quick ! thanks!

this is the centernut lock plate . just bend it on the nut en your ok. this is not the oem clutch plate set . oem do not have pitted steel plate,s .

Did you bleed the clutch ?

Exact same issue with my 2013 250. I haven't opened up the clutch yet to check as it's not as bad as yours. When cold the bike will start moving or stall with clutch pulled in. When hot it will be a bit better. If you find the reason please let me know. Anyone else here any tips about what to look for when I do open the clutch?

check your oil filter 484083_10151563393364002_1298636138_n.jp 

this caused my clutch to be grabby and make the shifting notchy. some how the filter got sucked down

They get sucked down when you don't fill the oil cavity , when changing the filter