Sign in to follow this  

1988 kdx 200 restored!

Hey all. Here's my old 88. Just finished it and it flies with the new pipe but not sure what the float height should be on the carb. I believe the 86-7 air heads had Mikuni carbs and the 88 had a keihin what the float height should be. The standard jetting is 48 pilot 145 main and needle third clip. Since piping it I have clipped it to the second position and changed pilot to a 45. It now rips, ( I race a 450 mx, and even I am amazed how well it goes) but cuts put after a couple hundred yards I think it ain't getting enough fuel since I fiddled with the float height.

Anyone know if it's 16mm or 19mm? I m not sure if it's a 28mm carb or 35mm. Cheers guys

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399802337.902005.jpg

• Like 1

Are you sure it is an '88?  The tank, seat and black engine make it look like an '87.

PWK35 was stock on the 1988, with the right side choke lever.

IT LOOKS GOOD!!

I painted the engine black with 2 pack car paint and bought the graphics from ebay for an 87 cause o like them. Yes, it's an 88. :)

No if it's a 35mm carb does that mean a 16mm float height?

I think it's around 19mm at the moment. What difference will it make if it's not what it's supposed to be? It runs good enough, just curious cause I'm fussy lol