Sign in to follow this  

2012 RMZ250 will not start after a short run

Hey,

My 2012 RMZ-250 has about 65 hours on it. and last weekend  I had troubles starting it with the kickstarter after a short run ,about 15 minutes  (when I pushed it it started fine and run strong) in fact I couldn't start it at all with the kickstarter . When it was cold I had no troubles starting it so after letting it cool down and washing it i tried repeating the problem:

I started it up when it was cold again , no problem so I let it idle and after about 10 minutes I turned it off and try kickstarting again and it worked just fine. So again I let it idle and turn it off but then waited about 4 - 5 minutes before kickstarting it again but this it wouldn't start only after about 15 - 20 times.

I did the following:

1. Cleaned the fuel pump filter with carburetor cleaning spray.

2. Checked valve clearance - spec (triple checked it)

3. Canceled the automatic decompression shaft   - didn't help.

4. Checked spark - its fine but later today I will replace the spark plug.

Its my first Injected motor and I'm kinda lost as for what could be the reason for this.

Thanks

Nativ

If fuel injected dirt bike work the same as cars the fuel injected pump needs to be changed it is damaged

It happened to me on a vw golf that when the engine was hot did not wanted to start anymore. I had to wait untill the engine was cold to start up again

Edited by carmelo1970

If fuel injected dirt bike work the same as cars the fuel injected pump needs to be changed it is damaged

It happened to me on a vw golf that when the engine was hot did not wanted to start anymore. I had to wait untill the engine was cold to start up again

i did a flow test for the pump and its in spec and when the bike is up and running it will not stall even if its hot.

I also have a 2012, I always have to use my hot start when engine is warm/hot. Hope this might help.

Edited by Dube340