Sign in to follow this  

yamaha mx360 engine

I am new to this site and need some info on building my mx360 engine for my yamaha dt250.I am looking at buying a powerdynamo ignition and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with that system?

I have purchased the Powerdynamo system (direct from the manufacturer) for my Honda MR 175 (designed for the CR 125/MT 125 but fits the MR) and I found the system to work extremely well with excellent technical support included in the instructions.  A very impressive ignition in my opinion but fairly expensive. Since there are no alternatives other than PVL and their systems offer 100 watts of power at 12 volts the expense is all relative.  Just converting to 12 volts transforms the bike in my opinion. They also respond very quickly to online questions.  Best of luck!

Check with owner malcom, speedshop on the forums. His units are made specifically for a given range of models/years and tested on the real thing. They are recurved for more power in most cases.

http://www.rexs-speedshop.com/epages/es143131.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es143131/Categories/CDI_Units/Yamaha

I know him only from the forums, but have only seen a lot of great feedback.

Thanks for the input.It still seems so expensive,but I may not have a choice.I don't want to buy anything used online.