Sign in to follow this  

Another tire thread

I am going to need some new rubber on my 2014 500exc soon. I ride a mix of single track 20%, logging roads 50% highway 30% what would be a good tire for me and some on online shops to buy from?

I'm running Pirelli MT43 rear and MT21 front. Both DOT, wear well, hook up great, and priced good at Motorsport.

• Like 1

+1 on the Maxxis Desert ITs. They last a long time and really hook up IMO. I have found them on sale at local shops for 50 to 60 bucks.

Motoz Tractionator. 100% rubber unlike most tires. DOT approved, seems pretty good on the trail for a DOT. I've only put 80 miles on it so far, 80% dirt and very impressed. Good reviews on YouTube.

• Like 1

I just ordered the Pirelli XCMH dual sport tire $88 free shipping, from an online store.

I'm not sold on these. I'm having a love Hate relationship. I like the way they grip during acceleration, over roots and trees and the way they wear. I dislike them in mud, on downhills and braking.

• Like 1

Shinko 700's (50/50 dirt street) or if you want a little more dirt than street, the Shinko 244's (60/40 dirt street).

I got my Shinko 700's from Bike Bandit for $28 for the front, and $36 for the rear.

AND they had free 3-day shipping!

Check out my post on rebuilding my wheels and putting on a new set of tires here:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1082577-ktm-wheel-rebuild-rusty-nipples/

Edited by jrabenius

I am going to need some new rubber on my 2014 500exc soon. I ride a mix of single track 20%, logging roads 50% highway 30% what would be a good tire for me and some on online shops to buy from?

Deffinatly the MT43 it is an awsome traction tire. However if you ride sand or mud often go for a knobbie.

• Like 1

no matter what tire, I tend to go through them fast and at the same pace weather its a 50/50 or 70/30. 

On the front of my 500 I have had, K270, K770, and DT parker. 

I now am just picking up what ever is cheapest. DOT or not, stopped caring. 

Does anyone know where I can buy a set of those colored tires...? Or camo colors...?

Heavy bouncing at highway speeds. I downsized my stator on front. May need some spoke weights to balance also.

Heavy bouncing at highway speeds. I downsized my stator on front. May need some spoke weights to balance also.

Use 2 rim locks per wheel, much better balancing.

Mt43 rear

6 day hard enduro front

Balanced

DOT

FTW

Edited by xxxshiftxxx

I only have 2 holes in rim. How do you put 2 rim locks on? Just curious. I already had the wheel balanced with spoke weights. Steady at highway speeds now.

I only have 2 holes in rim. How do you put 2 rim locks on? Just curious. I already had the wheel balanced with spoke weights. Steady at highway speeds now.

Drill another hole in it opposite the current one.