Sign in to follow this  

Yz125 rolling in gear while bike is off

Hi guys‚ I recently noticed on my bike (2005 yz125) that when I'm on an incline even if its really small‚ and the bike is shut off while its in gear it will roll.. Not a constant roll but kind of like a jolt. It'll jolt back a couple inches‚ stop for a second then do it again. I've never had a machine do this. Something just doesn't seem right. Any help is appreciated‚ thank you!

It sounds like the bike is probably low on compression and it is enough of an incline to make the motor slowly turn over..

• Like 1

It sounds like the bike is probably low on compression and it is enough of an incline to make the motor slowly turn over..

I'm thinking I'm gonna do a top end soon but what I don't understand is the bike starts first kick every time and runs great..

I bet if you push it a little faster and give it some gas, it'll start ;)

That's normal for those smaller engines. My buddies yz125 can be started by pushing the kick lever down with your arm (even after a fresh replate and top end). It'll also start by dropping the clutch when rolling down any sort of incline at any reasonable speed.

Good luck getting a yz250 to roll like that... Way too much compression.