Sign in to follow this  

2006 Rmz 450 need Help

I just recently bought a 06 rmz 450. Of course he said it was in great shape just needed gas to go! So first ride out I'm on the highway making it towards the pit about 5km away. I'm hauling the bike and every time I hold the gas full throttle it would bog out and I would have to ease off for it to stay on. The bike stalled just as I got to the pit. Started to pissing out coolant from an unknown location ( spraying at my right boot) I've had my big looked at and they said I need a new stator for it to start again. I was wondering if I'm also having clutch issues? I want my bike in perfect running condition for this year. What are my best steps from here on? I've ordered the stator but I don't want it to overheat and spit coolant. & would enjoy being able to hold the gas down again... Any tips on these 06 rmz 450s?ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399819588.371880.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399819603.404187.jpg

I just recently bought a 06 rmz 450. Of course he said it was in great shape just needed gas to go! So first ride out I'm on the highway making it towards the pit about 5km away. I'm hauling the bike and every time I hold the gas full throttle it would bog out and I would have to ease off for it to stay on. The bike stalled just as I got to the pit. Started to pissing out coolant from an unknown location ( spraying at my right boot) I've had my big looked at and they said I need a new stator for it to start again. I was wondering if I'm also having clutch issues? I want my bike in perfect running condition for this year. What are my best steps from here on? I've ordered the stator but I don't want it to overheat and spit coolant. & would enjoy being able to hold the gas down again... Any tips on these 06 rmz 450s?attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399819588.371880.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399819603.404187.jpg

Judging by the way you described it spraying coolant I would suspect a leaky water pump seal. 

Mine does leak coolant sometimes as well when it gets hot. I was told the radiator cap will lose it's seal and will make coolant come out the over flow tube. Replaced the cap and haven't had a problem since.

you should be able to run it on a stand to identify where the coolant is leaking from

Start with the basics, if you don't know when things were done just do them all now.

change the oil and filter, not sure if that roomza has screens but if it does pull those too, pull and clean the carb, new spark plug (check the old one too for lean/rich), check the fuel filter maybe try some race gas too

nice looking bike too

edit: tank missing vent line?

Edited by Arctic Pride