Sign in to follow this  

Silver frame paint code?

Does anyone have the paint code for the silver frame of the L? I'm thinking of getting a little touch up bottle to cover rubbed spots and prevent rusting opportunities

Does anyone have the paint code for the silver frame of the L? I'm thinking of getting a little touch up bottle to cover rubbed spots and prevent rusting opportunities

NH146M Accurate Silver Metallic is the paint code for the frame. ColorRite has it for $40 per can-

I sell Ford parts and I believe we have a very close match in a "Touch Up" bottle .... the kind with a brush. And the list for $10.00

I have a big scratch from when I hit the boat .. :lol: ... and if I ever get around to doing it I could post the paint code. I think "YN" will be close enough tho ...  :thinking:

$_35.JPG

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 1

Take the Subframe to a paint shop, they'll scan it and tell you what color it is

I had a huge scrap on my lower frame from a rock and need to do this. It has black on it currently.

or raid your wife's or girlfriend's nail polish.. that's always my first stop for touch up paint... my girls makeup!!!!! hahahaha  

Thats how i found the correct red touch up paint for my 67 Camaro--had not thought bout the silver--they now have metal flake nail polish too--dries fast also :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Silver sharpie works surprisingly well for a touch-up. Up close you can see a bit of a difference but from a few feet you would never notice

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399924949.875669.jpg

• Like 3

Take nail polish bottle to the point shop, have them read it and paint your car that color then buy a few bottles of that ball polish

• Like 2