Sign in to follow this  

Wet Plug - Chalky Silencer

Hey there I need some help dialing in jetting on my 2004 Rm 250. Take a look for yourself but the plug looks to be pretty close to correct, maybe a bit rich as I think it looked a bit wetter in person than in the picture below. 

My main concern is that the silencer is very chalky, medium grey to whitish. Why would the plug read a tad wet but then the silencer point to lean conditions?

2004 RM 250 

8 hrs on motor rebuild. OEM piston, crank and crank seals. 

pro circuit pipe, r304 shorty

vforce

Maxima Super M 32:1

Sunoco 110/Premium 70/30

Eric Gorr "top end" port job

Eric Gorr modified squish band for pump gas

I rode it yesterday in Indiana. Weather was in the low 80s. I ran stock jetting

168 main

48-50 pilot (tried both)

needle on 3rd clip

1 1/2 turns out

THANKS!

Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 10.31.04 AM.png

The plug looks alright. Can you post pics of the chalking you are talking about? Does it run alright???

If you didn't do a proper plug chop you'll get that wet look, down inside the porcelain is where it needs to be read. Could use a little more advance on the timing also. A low flash point oil will give you a lighter chalky appearance at the silencer. Lucas looked that way for us then I switched to Motul 800 and it is day and night different.

Edited by JBFL

I can get pictures of the silencer this weekend. 

I wouldn't say its running perfect. It is a "top end" port job but it seems to run best at 3/4 throttle. I was as high as a 175 main jet in cooler temperatures and used 168 (stock) last weekend in the 80s.