Sign in to follow this  

Plastics, seat not fitting right(pics)

it looks like an UFO rear fender. Take a grinder and grind the holes in the fender where thery connects to the subframe and push the fender up and tighten.  Construction miss of the fender.

Aftermarket seat foams tend to be thicker near the fender. That's why it looks like the fender is sitting low. 

Edited by unboundnrg

I did notice that the fender looked to be a bit low. Should I just elongate the hole that the bolts go through ??

Had the same problem with my CR250. Turned out to not be the fender, it was the aftermarket seat the previous owner put on.

MAP torch and a 30lbs lead weight fixed me right up!

Add washer in the bottom holes to the frame to space the fender out, wich should make it point more uppwards.
If you look at the "lines" on the first pic you can see that the gap is much bigger on the top than the bottom.

You could also drill the holes in the seat and push it down a little.

Edit: 
Nice bike, any more pics on it ?

Edited by Xlarge

That's pretty common. It may not look great, but take some consolation that a lot of bikes are this way. My CR250 and CRF450X both have that issue. My CR250 used to look bad around the tank and seat junction, and it was a stock seat with a stock cover, and a factory tank.

Had the same problem with my CR250. Turned out to not be the fender, it was the aftermarket seat the previous owner put on.

MAP torch and a 30lbs lead weight fixed me right up!

What did you do?

What did you do?

I flipped the seat over, put a lead weight in front of the seat mounts, the heated the seat pan up to bend it right.

To me it sounds a bit strange to need to modify the seat. I don't Think the seat is the problem. I guess it's the stock seat so the only thing that's not stock is the fender so i would modify that. if you sometime buy a fender from Another manufacturer and that one has the stock fitting position, the seat will be wrong. Just my thoughts.

I have exactly same problem on my 07 CR250. Stock seat, rear fender, sideplates. No problems with my 07 CR125 though.

I thought it could be a bent subframe that causes misalignment. I'm the second owner, bought it almost brand new, but still can't be 100% sure that previous owner didn't bend the subframe.
Installed cycra powerflow rear fender and still the same issue. Gonna try and drill the holes to make it fit the way it supposed to, cause it drives me crazy.

• Like 1

I have exactly same problem on my 07 CR250. Stock seat, rear fender, sideplates. No problems with my 07 CR125 though.

I thought it could be a bent subframe that causes misalignment. I'm the second owner, bought it almost brand new, but still can't be 100% sure that previous owner didn't bend the subframe.

Installed cycra powerflow rear fender and still the same issue. Gonna try and drill the holes to make it fit the way it supposed to, cause it drives me crazy.

Hey did you ever try drilling out the fender? Did it work?

I'm still having issues with my rear section miss alignment and need help

Hey did you ever try drilling out the fender? Did it work?

I'm still having issues with my rear section miss alignment and need help

Nope, I just installed new numberplates and it looks fine.

JH792zEZigU.jpg

byv4qC0u0Z0.jpg