300 rr tires

dealer tells me that you cant get it, Michelin 140/80-18 endure competition

So I guess you'll have to order from abroad.. and pay a lot more money for it.  Do you think it's worth it? Again why not try another tire?  Where have you tried so far for this tire.?

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Here's one for a couple hundred bucks shipped..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michelin-140-80-18-M-C-70R-TT-ENDURO-COMP-Rear-Tyre-/321380373127?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ad3c35287&vxp=mtr

This one might be cheaper.. but really I'd buy another tire . It's a better bang for your buck and I don't think this tire is that great.. It's ok from what I've heard but not exceptional enough to spend way more money on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michelin-Enduro-Competition-III-Rear-140-80-18-70R-MX-Motocross-Bike-Tyre-/301141719056?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item461d71f810

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

There's a bunch of good tires.. Try different ones to see what you like the best to start . See what guys like locally for your type of terrain and try those. That's usually a good start.  What I may like best here where I live may not be the better tire for where you live. Some tires work pretty good all around for a variety of terrain.  A good all around tire is an MT16 pirelli. It seems a bunch of people like those in a variety of locations in the country. I don't think you could go wrong there.. but there are lots of tires to choose from . The MX51 has been alright also where I live and I think there are sales on those right now. ..but everyone has different experiences with tires as there are big differences in terrain. No matter what you choose no big deal.. just try different tires and see how they work. You can always go back to the tires you think work the best later and stick with those.  I like Motoz tires.. I think chapparal or motosport.com has had some deals on those.. So many choices.. just pick one that has some reasonable price and some people that think they work well .  If you have a local shop selling some tires on sale that's usually good too since lots of times they'll put on the tire for you for free...you might have to buy a new tube too but that's ok. It's a win win. You don't have to put on your tire and you give them some business for a reasonable priced tire of course. They do that here . I figure they probably do that there too .

• Like 1

OEM tires are street legal and their basic difference to the mx tires is thread height, i.e. the knobbies on the rear are shorter and are also called ecologic (as they have less bite)

Moreover there are a couple other diffs: their profile is more round (whereas mx tires have a more rectangular one) as they have to overcome off-road terrain which is quite different to a well prepped mx-track.

For this reason also they have a stronger carcass in the center (to help with flats and generally offer greater durability) where the mx tires have stronger sidewalls (which equals with stiffer spring which is needed when you slam the bike on a berm).

Most people preffer the mx tires because they are slightly cheaper and last longer (due to the higher knobbies)