Sign in to follow this  

Wanted slip on pipe

After a fmf rct or pc 4 5 or 6 , I believe any year fits back to 07 but it must be in good condition

Lol always the same , I rode a friends 14 kxf 250 with a pc pipe and mine sounds like a enduro bike with the worst drone ever , moral is don't ride friends bikes !!

I might have an extra FMF factory 4.1 rct Ti silencer, old JDR model.

Are you on a closed course where you can run a slip on without a sound insert?

Yes no sound problem here

Yes no sound problem here

Here is the dyno of my 2014 250SX-F with the full Yosh system.  My tuner has extensive experience tuning the 2014 with the stock and FMF 4.1 full systems and slip ons alone.  I believe his best results were with the FMF 4.1 and the stock header.  I took him the bike with the full Yosh already installed and had him dyno/tune all insert  configurations to come up with the best result using T4 fuel.  ***Note: We did not try the stock header and his FMF runs were from a a different day with different atmospheric conditions.***  The blue line is the fully open config (no sound insert) and the red line is the 2m max insert.  We were able to restore a ton of bottom end snap in the open configuration up til 7k RPM and match the pull all the way to the rev limiter.  His opinion was that the Yosh system was superior to every other header/slip on configuration he had tested...it would have been cool to have enough time dyno them all.  The seat of the pants feel (intermediate rider) is that the bike is perfect and that the soft bottom end is completely gone.  For what its worth, I bought Yosh systems unsolicited, and just to be different than all the KTMs running FMFs.  The materials and craftsmanship appear better in my opinion.

250SX-F.png

Awesome info Tim :-) so any one have a yosh slip on lol

Alsp Did you test the rct 4.1 or the normal 4.1 ?

Awesome info Tim :-) so any one have a yosh slip on lol

Alsp Did you test the rct 4.1 or the normal 4.1 ?

not sure what the tuner tested.  i do believe he also has baseline maps for many of the configurations.  i will ask him to step in and give his own opinion since he is the one with all the experience...

Ordered a yosh slip on from amazon for $300

There is always ladybird from japan. It has a 45mm core and the lengths are available. 450 gets u a 1kg ti muffler that is 510mm long. And blued...

I thiugh about it at first then found out why my dyno numbers were so low. There was a restrictor in my muffler. 9mm dripped me to a stock pipe dia.

Tryin not to tinker with my bike anymore...

So no mentionin of new gizmos plz