Sign in to follow this  

2013/2014 Piston

What's up everybody.  I've got a 2013 CRF450R with about 75 hours on it.  It's got the original piston so I'll be changing it soon.  My buddy who has the 2014 upgraded to the pro circuit piston and gave me his stock piston with only about 10 hrs on it. 

My buddy says a friend of his put a 2014 pistion into his 2013 and removed one of the two stock head gaskets and ended up with a pretty nice setup.

I'm on the cautious side when it comes to doing anything that's not factory so I'm curious to know if anyone else has this setup, whether they're happy with it, and whether it's safe and worth while.

Thanks

What's up everybody.  I've got a 2013 CRF450R with about 75 hours on it.  It's got the original piston so I'll be changing it soon.  My buddy who has the 2014 upgraded to the pro circuit piston and gave me his stock piston with only about 10 hrs on it. 

My buddy says a friend of his put a 2014 pistion into his 2013 and removed one of the two stock head gaskets and ended up with a pretty nice setup.

I'm on the cautious side when it comes to doing anything that's not factory so I'm curious to know if anyone else has this setup, whether they're happy with it, and whether it's safe and worth while.

Thanks

Get yourself a new piston and don't mess with the head gasket. I comes the way it does for a reason.

• Like 1

Cometic makes thinner head and base gaskets,stock 27mm head 10mm base. Cometic makes a 20mm & 18mm head gasket and a 5mm base.I used the 18 it gives a little bump in compression like the stock head gasket mod some are doing.