Sign in to follow this  

realistic max hp?

So iv been searching and searching and would like to know how much hp someone can put out with a bb and exhaust air box and tuner. I'm guessing around 28? 

just found it i guess i was looking in all the wrong places :facepalm:

Realistically about 32-35 hp with a cam and head work...

AND$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :jawdrop::p

• Like 2

It is all about the money .... a good trail bike is $10,000.00 new. Does not matter what bike you choose to start with ... :p

• Like 1

The porting work is probably under $200.00. I bet it adds more power then the aftermarket exhaust does...  The time to do it is when it's apart for the big bore.  Saves some labor since it's apart.

• Like 2

If i had wanted a bike with 35hp i'd have bought the 450 and made it street legal--the girl at the DMV will license anything i believe is your story is good :devil: :devil:

• Like 1

I'm sorry .... I really am ... but this subject has been beat to death many times over ....  If you want big HP numbers ... on this bike in particular it will cost you. For about $1400.00 you can add 9 HP to the stock setup .... spend another $500.00 or so and that number could be as high as 15 for a grand total of 32 - 34 HP. 

Just raw HP is not what gets you where you need to be .... you will also need to spend another $1,000.00 on suspension. So .... lets say you bought this bike for $4,500.00 new you can now add $2,900.00 to that price to have a properly suspended 32 HP machine. But, you still have the stock tires and bars and gearing and seat etc ..... 

It really does come down to what ever it is you want and what you want to spend on the bike. The good news is ... for $7,400.00 you have a bad @$$ machine that can hang with the best of them provided that you have the ability to hang on ...  :p

and don't forget by the time you add some nice bark busters and bars and risers and tires and foot pegs .... you just spent another grand ...  :lol:

and after all this you still need a better seat and maybe a damper and some sprockets and a speedo healer etc .... 

I truly believe myself that this bike in particular has the makings of a great bike .... but it is up to the individual to make it what they believe a great bike is. 

I have said this before and I truly believe that this bike is one hell of a blank canvas and provides the user with the opportunity to create what ever it is that they desire ...  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

People just love tinkering with any bike, though money can't remove the pig vs hp factor on this one, it's always there. :D And what bike isn't a canvas? All the things mentioned fit most if not all bikes.. this is just a very cheap and "modern" canvas.  :thumbsup:

No matter if you are on KTM 690 forum, people still crave for more.. must buy some evo sets and cams etc boohoohoo...

Hopefully we do get the 350-450 version some day (which we will of course bore up lol), so I can compensate my poor driving skills with moar powar.  :ride:

• Like 5