Im 99% sure that i have either a worn out spring, or a weaker one. The bike just sinks down when i sit on it, im sure my shock is fine, but the spring is weak. Im only 170 lbs also. So i would like to stiffen it up. What would be the best way to do this? Could anybody direct me to a spring that is stock stiffness or mabey a little higher? I know these things are expensive so i want to make sure i getting the right spring. I need it to be under 150$. Also, its a 1992 DR 350S but i dont ride on the road, just woods, so a stiffer than stock spring might suit me better. But i would really appreiciate the help, i have never done this before

if you haven't already done so, increase the preload before spending any money.

the stocker should support 170 lbs.

How do you adjust preload

How do you adjust preload

Turn the threaded plate lower that goes around the shock and holds the spring. That will make the spring more compressed.

Did I tell him right?

Turn the threaded plate lower that goes around the shock and holds the spring. That will make the spring more compressed.

Did I tell him right?

O ok. I see what your talking about. Mine is all the way up. Is there any way i could fit a spring compressor in there to make it easier to get that playe down?

you must have the rear tire up in the air= rear suspension unloaded.

loosen the top lock nut and turn the bottom nut or turn the spring & it will most times turn the nut for you. turn until it compresses the spring 1/2 inch to start. test & repeat until the desired setting is met.

FWIW I haven't tried it but the DR650 spring is said to work. It is a higher rate spring and many 650 owners replace them. Last time I was at Cogent Dynamics Rick had a box full of 'em going to the metal recyclers.