xr600 wiring diagram

Hey guys,

I'm having some troubles finding a wiring diagram for the Australian xr600. I've got copies of the US and UK versions but the AU version is hard to find. The only copy I've found is to small to read the colour codes. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Au model is a little different as they were road legal off the show room floor over here but they didn't have a battery. I've found 1 copy at the crossed purpose site but its not big enough to make out all the colour codes  :(

bestxr600.jpg

Try that one for starters..Left click it..Save the image from postimage to your pc a s a jpg..Yours forever..

If it's no good say so and I'll post some others ..

Edited by Horri

Greg27, on 11 May 2014 - 7:27 PM, said:

The Au model is a little different as they were road legal off the show room floor over here but they didn't have a battery. I've found 1 copy at the crossed purpose site but its not big enough to make out all the colour codes  :(

USA models came with lights and no battery but were only street legal in some states due to the low standards of the stock lights... sounds pretty similar.

Thanks Horri, that seems to be the one i'm looking for. 

I've been trying to trace a spark problem. It won't start first thing in the morning, after I wobble a few wires it seems to run fine for the rest of the day but then still won't start until the next morning.

I've got it narrowed down to the cdi box, which seems to be a common problem. The strange thing is after I do get it to start, no amount of fiddling will cause it to die again.

I think i might be up for a new CDI, any recommendations on brand?

No ,,No real recommendations for brand..Think I'd go with the Ricks ones from Ebay in the below..Certainly wouldn't buy the Caltrick

at $590..That seller must be partially nuts..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=&_osacat=10063&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1311.R1.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.XXR600+CDI&_nkw=xr600+cdi&_sacat=10063&_from=R40

They seem a reasonable price..The other normal problem with XRs is a bad stator..Guess go with it if the CDI doesn't fix it..

Edited by Horri

• 2 years later...

Well I am trying to add turn signals and a headlight/taillight. I need to see what I will need. If I need to add a battery or get a upgraded stator.

I would do the stator upgrade if it was me.  its simpler, or at least it can be.  Rickystator makes a 200 watt stator for $160.  you can either use two poles for 100 watts and keep stuff stock or hook them up and run 200 watts but you would need a beefed up reg/rec.  then its just a matter of getting the handle bar control switch and running wires to lights.  you will need a rear brake pressure switch for the brake light.

Wow that is incredibly simple. Thanks for the diagram and the insight, I'll have to round up all the parts and tackle it one of these days.

its not a hard project.  I was able to do it even before i became an electrician.  if you use LEDs you can probably get away with the stock stator.  For a few lights to make it legal, the load would be nominal compared to what can be found on other larger bikes

My 88 has a Ricky. I love it! Im now a Ricky guy. And I rewound my 95s...but this Rickys way better than my amatuer rewrap!

I have head, tail and spark on AC. Front master cylinder brake light switch , Vapor and turn signals on DC.

LED bulbs on those.

Pretty cool history with Ricky Stator.  I think hos son runs the shop now.  And its out outsourced to somewhere over seas where a stator can be hit or miss.  Cant even count the number of guys i have read about who got a cheap ebay stator and it crapped out on them.  Plus if you get a Ricky, you have some serious customer support to make this project work like it should.

• Like 1

So you think if I get the 200w Ricky i can run LED lighting and a TT Vapor all of it? Or should I look into a DC setup?

there is only one stator for the 600.  one way of hooking it up gives you 100 watts on separate circuits.  hook them together for a total of 200.  and yes, 200 watts is more than enough for those small loads.  just remember, if you run it for 200 watts, you need the heavy duty regulator/rectifier.  that is the device that changes AC power to DC power and keeps it at a consistent voltage.  the stock reg/rec cannot handle that much wattage and will over heat. 

http://www.rickystator.com/product/stators/honda/honda-xr600r-200-watt-stator-91-on

that link is for the 91+ bikes.  earlier ones have a different configuration.  they also sell the HD reg/rec  if you search around technical you can get more info on the stator and how to hook it up