Sign in to follow this  

Anyone have 94 Kx250 Powervalve parts?

Hey there fellas!

Some of you may remember my basket case 95 KX250 build up from the end of last year.

I picked up a descent cylinder off a 94 for a spare, but the powervalve was jamming up.

The right drum (from the front) has the top broke off, and the teeth are chewed up.

Teeth are also chewed up on the governor rod.

I read in an old thread that they don't make the 94 parts anymore, but I can file out some 95 side valves to work.

Anyone just happen to have any spares?

IMG_0942_zps2f11d6fa.jpg

IMG_0943_zps0cd9f5b4.jpg

IMG_0944_zps42e6587d.jpg

Edited by Slick James

Sweet, I may be interested in those. I didn't realize the top was broke of the lh valve too. I read how you fixed yours, where could I come across one of the shoulder bolts you used?

I'm sure it does, but to be safe I'm also wondering if the 95 gov rod will work i the 94 cylinder, If so I can use the one I have.

Thanks!

go to the Parts Reference thread and learn how to use the Kawasaki parts diagrams.  The rod is the same on the 95.  You can use any bolt the right size, nothing special.

Sorry about that, I somehow manage to always forget about the microfiche. Thanks for the info!

I've also noticed some wear in the slot the slide valve rides in, not sure if it's what you would call excessive.

I'll try to get a good picture of it.